Things to Do at Lower Farm B&B, Barnwell near Oundle
Eating and Dining
- The Montagu Arms, Barnwell ~ traditional pub & food [1/2 mile]
- The Chequered Skipper, Ashton ~ pub food & restaurant [3 miles]
- The Kings Arms, Polebrook ~ traditional pub food [3 miles]
- The Fox Inn, Thorpe Waterville ~ traditional pub food [3 miles]
- Dexters, Oundle ~ bistro / restaurant [3 miles]
- Salernos, Oundle ~ Italian restaurant [3 miles]
- The Onkar, Oundle ~ Indian restaurant [3 miles]
- The Ship Inn, Oundle ~ traditional pub food [3 miles]
- The Tap & Kitchen, Oundle ~ restaurant & bar [3 miles]
- The Shuckburgh Arms, Stoke Doyle ~ traditional pub food [3.6 miles]
- The Wheatsheaf, Titchmarsh ~ traditional pub food [4.4 miles]
- The Queens Head, Bulwick ~ traditional pub food [10 miles]
Walk the Nene Way
Lower Farm is located directly on the 110 mile Nene Way long distance footpath at about the half way point. The route broadly follows the path of the River Nene and provides excellent territory for walkers and ramblers to see the Northamptonshire countryside.
Download a Nene Way Walking Map.
From Barnwell you might choose to walk to the village of Wadenhoe passing Wigsthorpe, Achurch and Lilford (Just over 7km) or heading in the other direction you could head to village of Fotheringhay by skirting the town of Oundle and passing by Ashton and Warmington. The local circular walk takes about one and a half hours. We have a good selection of local walking trails available in reception.
Fish the River Nene
The waters surrounding Barnwell and Oundle are renowned in course fishing circles. Much of the fishing waters will require day tickets however Lower Farm owns a prime fishing location near Oundle and our guests are welcome to fish this stretch as part of their stay.
Hire a Narrow Boat
Nene Valley Boats operate from Oundle Marina. www.nenevalleyboats.com
Hire a Canoe
Mountain Biking / Cycling
Numerous cycle paths, bridleways and quiet roads make cycling around East Northamptonshire pleasurable and safe.
Sports & Horse Racing
Lower Farm is an excellent base to stay for watching Northampton Saints or Leicester Tigers. There is also good local Club Cricket and Club Rugby at Oundle. Why not go to Peterborough and watch The Posh in action at London Road, Horse Racing at Huntingdon and Leicester. We are also a central central location for many Point to Point meetings, a good example being Dingley.